View Single Post
Old December 14th, 2012, 10:17 AM   #107 (permalink)
sikclown

Device(s): HTC One M8, HTC One, Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nexus 7.2, HP Touchpad, iPad Air
Carrier: Sprint, T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by marctronixx View Post
EM posted early on in this thread (view the "likes" to see his post or scroll back a few posts--your choice) that if the caches are dirty/clogged, this could give one issues, especially on a huge UPGRADE as this is.

First thing is to do a battery pull simulation reset. hold down the power button for greater than 10 seconds, you will see the lower buttons flicker and a message on the screen asking you to continue to hold the button.

the phone should power down/reset. this is NOT a factory reset so nothing should be lost.

once it boots back up, re-check settings. also if you have FASTBOOT turned ON, turn it OFF and test.

IF you do not like the results from this, a factory reset is recommended. Again, smoke over EM's post to give you ideas and ways to backup.
To add to this I was having major lag after the update and went straight for the Hard Reset and all is well on the speed side. I recommend a Back up program like My Backup Pro because it saves your Home screens. For some reason redoing home screens is my most hated thing about Hard Resets.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sikclown For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (December 14th, 2012), Granite1 (December 15th, 2012), kct1975 (December 25th, 2012), marctronixx (December 14th, 2012)