View Single Post
Old December 16th, 2012, 03:50 AM   #23 (permalink)
chanchan05
Killer Psychologist

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy SL (I9003), Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (P6200), Samsung Galaxy SIII mini (i8190)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 2,335 Times in 1,939 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell View Post
Well I had to overclock and replace the keyboard app and can reduce but never eliminate Android lag.

I never use that POS Kyros tablet.

I own far more than my Merit. I have a Kindle Fire as well as some cheap off brands that I fiddle with which ironically seem to outperform all other. The D2 Pad I'm using to post this seems the most lag free and stable of them all, despite my having to overclock 200MHz beyond its rated speed.

My fast Typing? Years of experience plus the ipad does have a decent screen response and keyboard. It doesn't lag. Overpriced as you claim Apple to be, to get the same level of OS smoothness and performance as well as screen dpi rate you'll probably spend twice the price on an Android tablet. I am not hating but there is still a lot of catching up Android needs before it can compare IMO

No matter the hardware, NO linux-based OS, Android included, should need a reboot. That's windows crap
No matter how you overclock, each of your devices you mentioned has specs that can't compare against an outdated Galaxy SII, they all are running 2-3year old specs, so no matter what you say, unless you have a properly setup and trained Android device that has specs mirroring the current gen recommended Nexus devices (baseline would likely be Nexus 7 with quad core A9 for JB), its difficult for many of us to take your rants seriously.

Your best device, a Kindle Fire HD, has slightly weaker specs than my own one year old Galaxy Tab Plus, and overclocking can only take you so far. Not to mention that the Kindle is exactly a device which has top of the line developer support for ROMs, unlike the Android flagships of the One and Galaxy series.

Worried about your health? Take the True Health Assessment now! Click HERE
Last edited by chanchan05; December 16th, 2012 at 03:53 AM.