View Single Post
Old December 16th, 2012, 04:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
MoodyBlues
- Crazy peacock person -

Device(s): Kindle Fire HD 8.9" (rooted), Motorola Atrix 2, Motorola Atrix 4G (retired), Motorola Bravo (retired
Carrier: AT&T

Thanked 1,361 Times in 822 Posts

I've been partial to the Ubuntu family since first trying them back in '05. At that point I had used many Linux distros, but between then and last year I just stuck with Kubuntu because I liked it the best. Last year when I got a new laptop I decided to try some other Linuxes just for fun. I wiped windows off its drive, as I always do first thing with a new computer, and then tried several distros. Of those I tried I liked Fedora 16 the most, but eventually ended up going back to Kubuntu.

Recently my old laptop's hard drive died, so after debating whether to toss the laptop--which is about 6 years old--or get a new drive, I decided on the latter. This laptop, an HP dv6000, had run *VERY* slowly after upgrading to Kubuntu 11.10...I mean PAINFULLY slow, like a windows computer that hasn't had its OS reinstalled in a few months and has been overtaken by viruses, adware, spyware, malware, bloatware, etc. If I wanted a slow computer, I'd use windows! So instead of downgrading to an older Kubuntu, I tried several other distros, including MacPup and Lubuntu, before deciding on Bodhi. That laptop now flies as if it's brand new!
The Following User Says Thank You to MoodyBlues For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (December 17th, 2012)