View Single Post
Old December 17th, 2012, 06:25 AM   #72 (permalink)
A.Nonymous

Device(s): Motorola Razr M, Galaxy Tab 10.1 I/O edition
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmash View Post
I thought I clearly stated that with all the guns in circulation, no laws would have prevented this tragedy.

Common sense gun laws doesn't mean banning guns. Of course the right wants to make it seem that any restriction = banning guns.

We had the assault weapons ban under Clinton, and the world didn't end.

Register all guns. Have a title for every gun similar to a car title that gets transferred with the gun if sold.

Eliminate the gun show loophole. If they can't manage background checks, shut them down.

Limit magazine sizes.

People like to talk about the second amendment right to bear arms, but they usually leave out the "well regulated militia" part. Anyway, that ship has sailed. We live in a gun culture, there's no going back now. But none of these things would be unconstitutional or overly restrict gun ownership. Again, I realize these wouldn't prevent these tragedies, and it probably doesn't belong in this thread, but I keep getting called out on it.
Personally, I don't think any of those things are unreasonable though I know other people on here likely will. I'm not sure how those laws would really make any impact on the problem of gun violence though. The problem is the culture we live in glorifies violence and the gorier the better. No one cares to address that though.