View Single Post
Old December 17th, 2012, 11:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
TimmboBaggins
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): HTC EVO 3D(sprint)
Carrier: Sprint,Boost

Default Looking for an App to send and recieve calls using my old Boost mobile number

Hi, I am looking for an App to send and receive calls. I have a Boost phone that uses the direct connect Nextel system that Boost says they will be shutting off in June 2013. I would still like to use the phone number associated with this account as I have many people contacting me using the phone number. Many of these people aren't 'Tech.' savy and would just be trying to call this number from a regular phone without an App or computer. I am looking for an App that I could use on my HTC Evo 3d on the Sprint service. It would be great if I could use this app to send and receive calls via my Sprint data but since my area is often 3G only may not be an option. I imagine that Sprint may have roadblocks to keep this type of operation from taking place over the 'unlimited' data network. I would be satisfied if I could keep my old Boost phone number and be able to make and get calls if WIFI was available and possibly get a notification over the Sprint data connection that either someone was calling or I missed a call. This App/service doesn't have to be free as I would be saving from not having a Boost bill and judging from my limited use of Apps it's more convenient to pay for it and not have ads.