Thread: Support iconia a500 not booting
View Single Post
Old December 17th, 2012, 12:12 PM   #22 (permalink)
GTbrewer

Device(s): Acer Iconia A500 paperweight // Motorola Bravo (MB520) Froyo test dev. // Pantech Flex (ICS)
Carrier: Not Provided

N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesman View Post
It is actually very simple. It is only a software problem.

1.) Download a copy of the Update.zip of the android version you want to put on it (Google A500 update.zip).

2.) Copy it to a Micro SD (leave the file named update.zip) in the main directory.

3.) Put the SD in your A500 and do a manual factory restore. (Volume+ and Power Button, then flip the rotation lock button) It will look for the update file on the SD card and put the OS back on the tablet.
Ok, I'm with you on the volume button (and try to get the top side by itself), and the
power button. But where is this rotation lock button? I don't recall every noticing, or
even SEEING, that one.

And what's the best site to grab either the Acer version of update.zip or, perhaps, a
custom version (whatever is most recommended...warranty obvious expired (after
all, it failed right after the warranty ran out).

It'd be nice to have my tablet back as a useable device instead of a paperweight. :-)

One question, though. Is there a way to do the same thing via USB? I gave my mom
my older tablet and, due to its VERY limited space, gave her the external SD, too, and
don't have the money for another one, and won't for a while.....

Thanks,
--jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesman View Post
PS. I still hate ACER Support for not helping me with this!
Same here...many times over. They told me it sounded like a system board failure,
and like most, they wanted $200. I told them what they could do with their $200 (i.e.,
where they could shove it).

Android Apps Listing at http://www.jstrack.org/barcodes.html