View Single Post
Old December 17th, 2012, 11:00 PM   #22 (permalink)
tube517
AF Contributor

Device(s): Samsung GTab 3 7.0,Samsung GNote2 (i317),EVO 4G, Toshiba Thrive, Galaxy Note LTE,EVO Shift
Carrier: T-Mobile,Google Voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by to serve man View Post
What is the benefit of going back to un-root?
If you really want to go back to stock and retain rooted state, you can just use cwm, do a rom-wipe, then wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik, and then download the back-to-stock-rom.zip from xda, and then flash that, then do another wipe data/cache/dalvik and then you are all set, back to stock, still rooted. I don't think anyone can tell you are still rooted.
Sometimes people unroot if their phone needs to be repaired and rooting voids the warranty. So, they unroot to bring it back to stock.

This phone can unroot easily versus other phones. There is an app that can show if you are rooted or not. The carriers can also tell if the phone is still rooted.
Samsung Tab 3 (7 in) • Deletrious ROM V1.6 /TOSHIBA Thrive • Pio's Team Baked BlackBean ROM 4.1.2/Samsung Galaxy Note2 • Temasek v37 kitkat (4.4.2)/HTC EVO 4G • Decks Reloaded ROM/EVO Shift• JellyBelly ROM/Samsung Galaxy Note I (i717)•CM11 (4.4.2 kitkat) /Samsung Galaxy S3 •DanKang 4.3.1 ROM
The Following User Says Thank You to tube517 For This Useful Post:
to serve man (December 18th, 2012)