View Single Post
Old December 18th, 2012, 06:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
femgoth
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default linking phone and tablet for multiple apps

hi guys, wonder if anyone can give me any pointers.

firstly i have an xperia s running ICS unrooted (i have no wish to root it) and a nexus 7 running jellybean.

i want to link the two together properly. i have tethering working fine but tbh i never need to use it. the situation is this. i spend most of my time either at home or at work. in both those places i have a very good wifi signal so both use that fine, and have both phone and tablet with me. the rest of my time is either spent walking to work with tablet in pocket, or in the city shopping etc where i have just my phone.

what i am looking to do is have them link up properly when they are both in the same place, using wifi.. when at home or in the office the two are usually next to each other, so i want everything to go to the tablet instead (texts, emails, facebook notifications etc etc, but not calls). i would like them to know they are next to each other using wifi router access, ie if they are getting wifi data through the same router then they are in the same place.

i installed tablet talk on both hoping that it would handle the texts but the two wont find each other using wifi at all, not at home or in the office. i have gmail/hotmail apps on both so at present i get a notification on both when one comes in but i figure that should easily be stopable using llama or something similar.

anyone have any idea how to fix my tablet talk issue though, the two will just not find each other. i prefer not to have bluetooth on all the time because tbh the xperia s has a pretty poor battery life as it is and BT seems to drink even more.

J