I think Google Now, is great. I had it on my Transformer Prime before having it on my HTC EVO 4G LTE, so I wasn't able to take advantage of all the features. After having it for a week now, some features seem repetitive to apps or shortcut.
- For instance the directions and navigation shortcut or weather. Previously I had a shortcut to my house so that I know when the next subway would come an how long it would take me to get home. Now, no pun intended, Google Now, shows transit directions to my house automatically. I no longer have to activate the app, it auto updates.
- My wallpaper is the HTC live weather wallpaper, but I do like that the weather pops up based on my locations. I dont have to hit an extra button to see it. Although I wish it would automatically open up the weather app.
- The location based features are nice. I can see movie times at a theater nearby when out an about without having to pull up the app. Although for a purchase, I wish there was an option to open up your preferred movie loyalty program instead of just Fandango online.
- I wish there was better integration with (reminders) alarms. When using the voice feature it seems like there are too many steps and not smooth. A couple of times I thought I created a reminder, but really made a "note to myself" which is just an email.
- I like having pro scores, for teams I follow, but I wish there college teams were included.
- Next appointment is cool, but is repetitive to my calendar and associated reminders. I'm assuming this is something useful for a person who doesn't use the calendar app. I recently made an opentable reservation and it read my email (which was deleted - so I'm thinking it reads the ALL MAIL folder) reminding me I had a restaurant reservation. To me this is repetitive.
- Nearby events/restaurants is cool, as if you're out and about it gives you clues.
- I'm still debating the pictures feature. I dont have it live here in my own city, but I might use it if traveling.
I think the list of commands is also difficult to remember. You must say specific words and the systems learns your voice and search history, so the more you use it the better suited for your life.
I need some more time to try out more features.