View Single Post
Old December 22nd, 2012, 09:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
jimerson

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Go to Settings WIRELESS & NETWORKS and uncheck NFC
No such setting on my phone (LG Nitro P930, upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich).
I have the same problem, I go to Starbucks, McD's, Dunkin Donuts, Kohls, or any other public Wi-Fi, and I can connect, but the instant I try to open ANY browser, i get bumped off. I can go into "System Settings -> Wireless and Networks -> Wi-Fi, turn it on, scan for networks, and when an open one is found, connect, but the instant I try and open a connection (I use Dolphin browser as default), I get kicked off, and my Wi-Fi is turned off on the phone!!! Where I had it turned on, it is now off, and I did not do it, and I hate that! Even if I try to use Chrome or Firefox or the native browser, it is the same. Often feel like throwing the phone against the wall.

Someone please help, and remember, mine does not have a "Settings -> Wireless and Networks -> NFC" to uncheck. Back home now, and my phone is happily connected to my home router. Pulling out my hair.

A note; wife and I were out near a Starbucks, and hers connected nicely, brought up web pages and everything, Dolphin default browser, and hers is a little Avail ZTE 990 GO phone. Mine kept getting knocked off.
Jimerson