View Single Post
Old December 25th, 2012, 10:35 AM   #12 (permalink)
colchiro
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): HP TouchPad, HTC One Max, Dell Venue 11 Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 1,819 Times in 1,412 Posts

Sorry you're having trouble.

Until nightly builds start, the latest cm10 (12-16 as of today) can be found here: Goo.im Downloads - Browsing preview

My cm9 guide is locked and out of date. I need to get a few of them unlocked and updated with the latest/greatest. They were written when I was a guide, and another guide thought he'd be helpful and locked some of them. When I resigned, I could no longer update some of them.

IMO the Rootzwiki guide by Roland are far superior to any I've seen with video, links to files, etc. I know he updates it quite often.

At this point, I'd recommend one of these:

• Acmeuninstall, start over with latest CM10/gApps (a lot of work)
  • Assuming you have the latest CWM6 recovery, boot into that, factory reset, format system, flash cm10 rom, flash gApps, reboot.
  • If you have TWRP installed (I doubt), use it to factory reset, format system, flash cm10, gapps.

My recommendation, try 2nd or 3rd one first.

If you don't have the latest CWM6 (and instead somehow ended up with CWM5), you can flash that with acme3 from here: Goo.im Downloads - Browsing recovery

If you have any version of CWM6, you should be good. Older versions of CWM5 corrupted the file system.

All the guides say the same thing. You copy files to the cminstall folder and use acme installer (1,2,3) to install your rom. Since some of the installers won't install files that aren't named properly (usually needing to start with "update"), they might have you boot into recovery to finish the job. (Anything that was removed from cminstall was installed. Anything still in there didn't.) Depending on the guide, how you run novacom may differ, (CD commands or copying files to Nova folder) but the commands are the same. Of course, depending on the age of the guide, the rom files and gapps can really be out of date for CM7/CM9 or they may point to a particular rom instead of to the folder like I just did. Obviously some guides CAN be more confusing tho.
The Following User Says Thank You to colchiro For This Useful Post:
BravoGolfTango (December 25th, 2012)