Thanks a million sir, will follow your steps, but everything started working with the latest goo cm10. Will check the link you shared. Will also install twrp, not sure what it does yet, but if it's recommended then so be it.
Right now the main thing I wanted (Android) works, albeit, GP gives me an RH01 code to retry which doesn't work, unsure what that means exactly I need to do. Searching that now.
edit: Did notice both of the gapps files I tried were still in cminstall, which as you stated means it didn't install, your confirmation about that helps me understand the process. Since I have gapps app appearing (although has an error code), guess I'll go find perhaps something even later. My goal late yesterday was to at least have my keyboard back which I do now. I did get a sync (partial emails for gmail) with my account addition in gp, just not sure why the RH-01 code. If that's a google issue and not my tablet then cool, otherwise my work isn't done yet.