View Single Post
Old December 25th, 2012, 08:51 PM   #15 (permalink)
copestag

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

what if he was 12 when he did it? or 8?

or what if he was 4 when he did it?

would that make a difference?

a 4 year old should be given the death penalty?

theres a reason we established an age to be legally an adult

personally I dont believe you should be tried as an adult til your 21.... no exceptions...... after all isnt that the legal age to drink?

the government has decided you arent smart enough to know right from wrong when it comes to alchohol until you are 21 but you should be smart enough to know about other crimes before that?

double standards........ they abound everywhere

I think most states recognize 18 as being legally an adult (of course not adult enough to drink, gamble, or many other things)....... and most under TODAYS law allow prosecution exceptions for minors who commit horrendous crimes

at what point do we say a crime is horrendous enough........ at what point do we say hes adult enough to be tried as an adult........ even though he wasnt adult enough to buy cigarrettes or legally get married?

you must of course bare in mind the legal qualification for 'adult'.... having reasonable conscious ability to make decisions that an "adult" would ......... so like I said........ he didnt legally have reasonable ability to buy some smokes....... or have sex without his parents permission....... or have a beer....... or buy a lottery ticket........ but we believe he has reasonable ability to decide whether his crime was ok?

as disgusting as his crime was....... legally he should be tried as a child....... he should be given the maximum penalty a child would have received at that time........ he should be remanded to a juvenile detention center until age of 18 ....... now of course hes above that age already......... so you must consider what that maximum would have been at the time........... he was 15... he could have been held til he was 18

give him 3 years in juvi and consider him punished
Last edited by copestag; December 25th, 2012 at 08:56 PM.