View Single Post
Old December 26th, 2012, 05:19 PM   #299 (permalink)
varxtis

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

First off, thank you for the quick replies.
I don't have an HDMI recording device, and buying one for the PC can be a bit pricey. From what I understand, or at least read about in positive feedback from those who have rooted, it'd be better just to root. On top of my primary goals of video screen capture and wifi tethering I know that Roms only supported when Rooted have a lot of customization options that seem really appealing, like custom slider shortcuts as a tip of the iceberg. and CyanogenMod looks cool too.
I went ahead an rooted using the Razrs Edge flash method instructed in this video How to Root ICS Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 on Droid Bionic official ota 6.7.246 . But theres another tutorial by the same poster Bionic Cyanogen Mod 9 CM9 for the ICS LEAK [Full Review] Install and Download... that goes into features and apps that become available when rooting with the ICS "leak". This makes me very confused. I can only assume that the second video I just linked is referring to some sort of pre-OTA leak of ICS for gingerbread users and the first video I linked shows a method of rooting for those who have OTA ICS.
I hope I havent broken any rules about posting links, but I felt it necessary so that you guys understood what Ive done to my phone and can tell me if I need to unroot and redo it using the instructions on this thread.