View Single Post
Old December 28th, 2012, 09:20 AM   #17 (permalink)
EarlyMon
The PearlyMon

Device(s): M8, LTEvo, 3vo, and Shift - Evo retired
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 57,187 Times in 22,979 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Maxey View Post
I m not a Treky or trekie or what have you, but I have a question. In the last ST movie, we met Spock, Kirk, McCoy and the rest. They flew a modern looking craft.

Why did Kirk fly a rust bucket that looked like a 50's series Sci Fi movie rather than the more modern craft we saw in the last movie?

It seems to me something is wrong. I thought the last ST movie with the really young crew looked out of place in a rather modern looking craft.

What am I missing? Is there a reason fir it or are producers and set designers just too lazy these days? Were the Tribbles involved somehow?
The original Star Trek series was made on a budget - the transporter was invented for that reason alone.

And I don't know about the Enterprise being a rust bucket. Seems in the tribble episode, Klingons called it a garbage scow, and got handed the deck for their trouble.

So, anyway - you're not liking the early Enterprise because it wasn't modern enough and the latest one was too modern. There's actually a story about that, it's called Goldilocks and the Three Bears.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EarlyMon For This Useful Post:
Gmash (December 28th, 2012), NightAngel79 (December 28th, 2012)