View Single Post
Old December 28th, 2012, 10:30 AM   #125 (permalink)
pbf98
AF Contributor

Device(s): Galaxy S5 Droid Razr Motorola Triumph
Carrier: Verizon

For those of you who do not know what tyranny is:
Noun
Cruel and oppressive government or rule.
A nation under such cruel and oppressive government.

While I don't see this government as being cruel, I do see trying to take away our rights to be oppressive.

"When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

Violently overthrowing governments doesn't work? I wonder if our founding fathers knew this..
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson
He is even telling us that to keep the government from becoming tyrannical we need to rebel. Now I have heard that he had also said that there should be a rebellion every 20 years, but I have not been able to find an accurate source for that.

Our second amendment is one of our most important rights, because it protects all our other rights. If any of our found fathers could here these debates about banning guns they would be rolling in their graves. It is the biggest pile of nonsense there is.

And some argue with me that back then they only had muskets... this amendment is expansive, it grows with the time. The founding fathers didn't give us the right to keep and bear arms for recreation or to hunt, they gave it to us to deter the government from becoming tyrannic. They knew that someday they're own government would go against their principals they had put in place to define freedom.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson

I think we have just that... too much government.