I've grabbed CF-Root 6.4 from that page, and double checked the post was in the correct forum for the i9300. No md5 to check against my download, so I'll just put my hands together and hope!
So, does this process look about right:
1. Install Odin
2. Turn phone off
3. Open Odin, choose my CF-Root .tar file as the PDA and leave every other setting alone
4. Put phone into download mode
5. Connect phone, wait for "yellow square" on Odin
6. Ensure "repartition" is not, definitely not, checked
7. Click start and eventually I should have CWM and be rooted...
Then I'm unsure of the exact order for flashing custom ROMs:
- Put zipped (.tar, or .zip) ROM onto internal SD card root
- Enter CWM recovery somehow?
- Delete all data?
- Clear cache & something else?
- Choose to flash from zip within CWM
- Wait for CWM to finish that off
I think those are the steps, I'm just unsure as to what order, since surely deleting all data will get rid of my custom ROM zip?
Thanks for the help, much appreciated.
Samsung S3 i9300; WanamLite ROM