Originally Posted by kbbru
Make sure to read the instructions that I have linked to in post #20 above. The one on the XDA Developer site
has everything you need in the first post. (There are several methods explained in there, I have used the method "Instructions for Flashing Firmware with ODIN".)
I don't want to repeat it here, because I think that the author of that post should receive all the credit he deserves. (And "buy him a beer" if everything works out fine...
) But in brief, you should first prepare Odin on the PC, put the tablet in download mode, and only then connect them. (Please read the instructions in full before you start!)
The other link that I have added (to AndroidAuthority
) was useful because it adds some details (even if the description is for a P3113 and not a P3110), especially point #10 in the instructions - about doing a Wipe data/Factory reset
1stThanks for reply
wel 1 question raise in my mind tht will it work on my P3100???
and u have followed this tutorial if im not wrong
Instructions for Flashing Firmware with ODIN
- Install KIES or Samsung drivers into your PC and ensure that KIES is closed and not running in the system tray
- Download the firmware version and extract the *.tar.md5 file
- Download ODIN
, extract the ODIN folder and open it
- Select PDA tab and point it to *.tar.md5 file. Leave Re-partition, pit, CSC, Phone tab unticked (in other words, don't change anything)
- Turn off your device
- Put your device into DOWNLOAD MODE (simultaneously press and hold Vol - and Power buttons, confirm entering in download mode by Vol+ button)
- Connect device to PC and wait for any required drivers
- ID com port should turn yellow
- Click START!
- Do not disconnect the cable or turn off the device once the flash has started
- Wait until ODIN shows PASS! Device will reboot when it finishes.
- Disconnect device from PC during the reboot and you can now disconnect the cable.
one more thing is does it need pit file for P3100 because i download flasher program from sammobile and .rar file contain pit files with it
need ur confirmation before i start flashing