View Single Post
Old December 29th, 2012, 07:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
dylane

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by menmyjeep View Post
Not sure what you are experiencing? I use touchdown exclusively for exchange email and have done so for a couple of years and love it. I reply to emails all the time in landscape with no issues although I am using Swiftkey Keyboard and not stock. Maybe that is making the difference?
Really? I've tried a couple of different keyboards and none of them really have worked, although I haven't tried Swiftkey yet. The Samsung Keyboard and Swype are both so huge in landscape that it covers up 100% of the text box. I've been using Hacker's Keyboard with the vertical height set to something like 35% which is slightly better, I can see almost an entire row of text (but the bottoms and tops of the letters are cut off). The problem is there is a giant toolbar with Send, Cancel, and Drafts on it that covers up way too much screen real estate, and I can't figure out how to turn it off (I even emailed NitroDesk for help with it but I don't think they understood the question).

Using the same keyboard on the stock mail client I'm able to see about 6 rows of text in landscape.