View Single Post
Old December 29th, 2012, 12:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
ILoveToWalk
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default After external SD card encryption applications broke - Samsung Galaxy S2

Hi guys

Was writing out a post then closed my tab and lost everything! Sigh

Anyway, Brian706 directed me here so I hope someone can point me in the right direction

After encrypting my phones internal and then external SD cards half of my apps broke and cannot be re installed: "Couldn't install on USB storage or SD card". I only noticed that my apps had broken after the external SD card encryption. I had moved a lot of my apps to my SD card, i'm guessing because some files existed on both parts of the phone this broke. However after removing the encryption this didn't fix it. My phone has also recently started rebooting itself, sometimes multiple times a day, then sometimes once a week.

Prior to this I did root my phone, but that was some time ago and am not sure on the complete details.

It may be worth noting that new applications can be installed on the phone, old apps that were installed and had broken cannot be reinstalled.

Things I have tried:
-Removed external SD card encryption
-Cleared cache and data from all apps
-Foramatted SD Card
-Removed encryption from internal SD Card
Info:
1.) Model Number - Samsung Galaxy S2 - GT-I9100
2.) Firmware Version - 4.0.3
3.) Baseband Version - I19100XXLPQ
4.) Kernel Version - 3.0.15-I19100XXLPQ-CL223505 se.infra@SEP-94 #3
5.) Build Number - IML74K.XXLPQ
Carrier - TMobile
Country you are using your phone in - UK

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if I have missed any information.

Thanks
Last edited by ILoveToWalk; December 29th, 2012 at 04:50 PM.