View Single Post
Old December 29th, 2012, 06:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
MoodyBlues
- Crazy peacock person -

Device(s): Kindle Fire HD 8.9" (rooted), Motorola Atrix 2, Motorola Atrix 4G (retired), Motorola Bravo (retired
Carrier: AT&T

Thanked 1,564 Times in 969 Posts

Okay, I'm thoroughly baffled.

From this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicCore View Post
sadly i have problems logging on time my pc / pc shares from the mobile

so i was hoping for it to be the other way around

Access my phone storage through wifi/bluetooth using my computer PLUS being able to tranfer folder structures?
I deduced that you want to "access my phone storage through wifi/bluetooth using my computer." Correct? Using your COMPUTER to access the phone, right?

But then you say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicCore View Post
I am trying to do the opposite
So which is it?

Quote:
I have a folder full of songs which are spread across lots of appropriately named folders (Artist Names)

I am trying to upload that folder "as it is" to the phone.

Doesn't work...it just searches inside the folder you select for audio files and copies them into a single directory.
Did you happen to read the 'help' for Airdroid? Just wondering. I never had! However, when I attempted to UPLOAD a directory using my default browser, SeaMonkey, I could SEE the 'select folder' option (along with 'select file'), but it wasn't selectable. So I scratched my head wondering WTF?! Downloading worked, so it wasn't a file system issue Airdroid was having with my Linux hard drive...so uploading a 'folder' should work, too.

When ALL else fails...I've been known to read manuals, help files, etc. But ONLY when all else fails.

Guess what I learned? The 'select folder' option ONLY works with Chrome. So I fired up Chrome, logged in on it to my phone via Airdroid, and was perfectly able to upload an entire directory plus subdirectories, with their hierarchies intact, onto my phone's SD card.

The moral of the story: Fire up Airdroid from Chrome and try again.
The Following User Says Thank You to MoodyBlues For This Useful Post:
AngelicCore (December 29th, 2012)