View Single Post
Old December 29th, 2012, 07:16 PM   #18 (permalink)
MoodyBlues
- Crazy peacock person -

Device(s): Kindle Fire HD 8.9" (rooted), Motorola Atrix 2, Motorola Atrix 4G (retired), Motorola Bravo (retired
Carrier: AT&T

Thanked 1,469 Times in 891 Posts

You're confusing me again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicCore View Post
I have a folder full of songs which are spread across lots of appropriately named folders (Artist Names)

I am trying to upload that folder "as it is" to the phone.

Doesn't work...it just searches inside the folder you select for audio files and copies them into a single directory.
Then:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicCore View Post
hmm not working
yes you can select a folder using chrome
but all it does is open all files in that folder and subfolders and copy them as a whole
Isn't the latter what you want? Copying the entire directory STRUCTURE to the phone? Directories, subdirectories, files in all the subdirectories, etc.?

Would you mind posting a screenshot sequence of what you're doing? That might help solve the mystery. When I use the 'select folder' option, I navigate to the directory I want, single left-click on it (to highlight it), and then select 'open.' That's it--the directory and all its contents upload to my phone.

Quote:
btw even in chrome drag and drop is not working
I don't normally drag and drop (I'm an old UNIX person ), but I tried just now to see. I got exactly the same result you did.