View Single Post
Old December 29th, 2012, 07:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
bcsteve
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

It took several attempts throughout the day, but I did finally manage to get Plan B installed and running on the stolen phone. The address was pinpointed to this location:

[mod edit: redacted location]

I called the officer that is handling my case, and unfortunately only managed to reach his voice mail. I'm not sure if they will be able to proceed since there are a couple of residences that it could possibly be, but he was quite helpful yesterday and I trust he will do everything he can.

Now on my Google Play account, "Fido" is no longer listed as the carrier for the phone. I wonder if this means that the person who has my phone got freaking out because Plan B is not very discreet and removed his SIM card. If so, it would lead me to believe that he knows it is a stolen phone and is trying to avoid getting in trouble.

If he did uninstall Plan B and the phone still has an internet connection (wifi perhaps) I will be able to do this again to see if the phone is still at the same location.

It is amazing what you can do with a phone these days. I will post an update at some point.
Last edited by scary alien; December 29th, 2012 at 09:32 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to bcsteve For This Useful Post:
scary alien (December 29th, 2012)