View Single Post
Old December 30th, 2012, 06:43 AM   #26 (permalink)
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 165
Device(s): HTC DNA
Carrier: Vz

Thanks: 5
Thanked 27 Times in 16 Posts

Originally Posted by kmurph View Post
I had the PUK error (and a loss of service) after only 4 days of ownership. If I recycled the power, it went away but came back within a day.

I had the SIM replaced, but within 15 minutes, I had no service, and it would not sync with my car's bluetooth...this time I was receiving another error - "Unfortunately, the has stopped".

I stopped by another Verizon store, and they gave me a new DNA and put in the same SIM (my second one) far, so good, but it's only been a day.
I believe it has something to do with a lack of compatibility between the phone's bluetooth and the car's. I had the same problem, with the same error message coming up on the phone (i.e. "Unfortunately, the has stopped") and I got Verizon to replace the phone for me. After an hour or two in the car, it started doing it again. Since then (about three weeks) it's generally been fine even in the car but every once in a while it will start acting wonky in the car and cycle though holding a BT connection and then losing it. When that happens I get the same error message but the phone eventually sorts itself out over a period of a minute or two and reestablishes a 3/4G connection. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to when this will happen and it's only when connected to the car's BT. I have a wireless home phone that has a BT connection feature and the DNA links up perfectly with that without a glitch. So it is obviously some [intermittent] incompatibility issue between the DNA and the car's BT.

As two DNA's have now had this issue I've now just resigned myself to the fact that it's one of those things that will happen every so often. I figure a software fix/OTA patch could take care of this if HTC gets enough complaints but I'm not holding my breath.
PsychDoc is online now  
Reply With Quote