View Single Post
Old December 30th, 2012, 05:44 PM   #18 (permalink)
MoodyBlues
- Crazy peacock person -

Device(s): Kindle Fire HD 8.9" (rooted), Motorola Atrix 2, Motorola Atrix 4G (retired), Motorola Bravo (retired
Carrier: AT&T

Thanked 1,565 Times in 970 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnius View Post
lol yeah don't get me started on Otterboxes too. That's another trend that bugs me. Everytime I see my friend pull out his phone encased inside the "defender" I say "nice cinder block you have there!" :P
I recently bought an Otterbox Defender for my Atrix 4G, and then one for my Atrix 2. I love them. However, I don't normally use their final layer of protection, the part that causes the bulk you're referring to.

I LOVE the protection the Otterboxes offer my phones. The fact that they have multiple layers of protection--including for the screen, which was my biggest concern (after having IDIOTICALLY broken one on an older phone)--makes me feel confident that they're not going to get damaged.

I leave off the final, outside layer of protection, the hard plastic that has the belt clip on it. Without that it's not bulky enough to bother me, while it is protected enough to satisfy me that the phones won't get damaged.