View Single Post
Old December 30th, 2012, 07:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
MoodyBlues
- Crazy peacock person -
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Kindle Fire HD 8.9" (rooted), Motorola Atrix 2, Motorola Atrix 4G (retired), Motorola Bravo (retired
Carrier: AT&T

Thanked 1,361 Times in 822 Posts

More suggestions, please!

Alarm Klock seemed to have it all--most importantly the swipe function to dismiss it. Then I found out that its "Alarm time out" didn't do AT ALL what I thought based on other alarms I've tried. Its description says: "A firing alarm will be automatically dismissed after this many minutes." No problem, I thought, I'll just set it to 'never.' Nope, there is no 'never' option, just 1-60 minutes. So I chose 60. And I figured that would mean 60 minutes from the last human interaction, such as snoozing it--because that's how other alarms I've tried, that had similar options, worked. Noooooo...it meant FROM THE INITIAL ALARM TIME.

In other words, say you've set the alarm for 8:45am, and your snooze minutes are set at 15. So it goes off at 8:45, and you hit snooze; at 9:00 it goes off again, and you hit snooze, and then the same at 9:15 and 9:30. Guess what? THAT'S IT. The alarm shuts off because at 9:45 it's been 60 minutes since it initially went off.

I realize I could work around this problem by setting a SECOND alarm for an hour later than the first, but I really don't want to.

So if anyone knows of other alarm clocks with a 'swipe to dismiss' option, please let me know.