Originally Posted by EvoMax
Would LOVE TO try this... Can't find update.zip.... Anyone have a working URL?
Which version of Android did you have on your A500? I'm guessing ICS?
If so, if you head to this thread
and scroll down to this part of the second post:
and download the update that is the 5th one down:
When you have downloaded the zip, do the following:
- Double click it - it should open... I downloaded the file to make sure and it opened for me
- Rename the zip "update.zip" (without the " ") - you may only have to name it "update", as it should automatically be ".zip"... you don't need to call it "update.zip.zip", as that wouldn't work
- Once you have renamed the zip, put it on the root of the SD card (not in any folders)
- Insert the SD card in to the tablet (while it is turned off)
- Turn on the tablet whilst holding the volume down button
Hopefully this should work!
(of course, the usual disclaimers that go with anything like this apply)