Thread: Support Galaxy 10.1 Note, Wifi
View Single Post
Old December 31st, 2012, 02:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Scoobydoo25
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Galaxy 10.1 Note, Wifi, Apple iPod x 3, all 64 Gb, 4 gen, Packard Bell note book, biro, note pad
Carrier: Sky (they do everything here

Thanks for both replies

I downloaded this kindle thing for android, I then loaded the books onto a micro SD card, then when I tried to open them, it came up with format not suported, all the books were in Mobi format, which I thought was the format kindle and android needed to let me be able to read them

I assume that this was right, as for anything else on the galaxy, I dont know what it can/cant do

I didnt do much on the laptop, just load audio books onto my iPod, answer emails, write my blog, store photos, upload and download photos, watch films/TV episodes (I had stored on my external HD)
I can copy films/TV episodes to my SD card, but knowing what format I need to watch them on the Galaxy would be good, I can convert them before I go anywhere, I assume that MP3's play on a Galaxy ?
Only draw back so far is I have to download stuff from my HD to a SD card, then put the SD card into the Galaxy, there is no where to plug in a external HD, so it looks like I will have tyo take both with me if I want to watch any films/TV and put stuff on to my iPods

I am open to any suggestions what I can do on the Galaxy, but games, I dont see the point, I dont win anything, its just something to kill time with, watching films/TV is something to do in the evenings/dark nights

The link you sent me, does it convert the format to something the android can use to read books ?

I dont want to go out and buy ebooks when I have all these I havent read yet

What format does android need to enable me to watch films/TV programs ? (IF I wanted to watch stuff on the iPods, I would use a handbrake program)

Can I convert them ? (I do for the iPod, but thats such a small screen, I dont bother watching anything on that)
Last edited by Scoobydoo25; December 31st, 2012 at 03:58 AM. Reason: extra info