the problem is the sd card not being "remounted" correctly after files are moved... fix is below
i was reading this thread earlier. i tried all the things in here and none of it worked. after a while i took another crack at it with my own idea and i think i found the problem
the problem happens because the phone (evo 4g in my case) is not being "remounted" at the correct time after moving files (i used astro)
here's how i solved it
1. connect your phone to a pc or lap top via usb
2. when the "connect to pc" dialouge pops up, select disk drive/mount as disk drive
3. now on your pc or lap top, navigate to computer or my computer and find your device. (mine was drive M. your internal harddrive on your pc/laptop is usually drive C. so when you connect your phone to the pc via usb, the phone will be a letter further down in the alphabet depending on your machine)
4. when you find your phone on your pc/laptop navigate thru to find the folder where your hidden pics and vids are stored.
5. once you find it, rename the folder without the . in front of it. for example, my secret folder was .shoebox so i renamed the folder shoebox with out the . in front of it.
6. now swipe down on the info bar at the top of your screen on your phone. tap the screen where it says "select to change USB connection type". this will take you back to the "connect to pc" screen. this time, select "charge only" ....... now your sd card will "remount" back to your device. all your secrect pics will display in your gallery. but this is ok because we need all the files on the card to be mounted into the same place all at once.
7. now go back to the "connect to pc" screen. (i explained how to do this at the beginning of number 6. this time select "disk drive mount as disk drive" again. this is because we must access the sd card one more time for the final stage.
8. go back my computer or my computer to find your phone again. navigate back to your folder with your secret pics in it. THIS TIME YOU WILL HAVE TO RENAME THE FOLDER SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. BUT THERE IS A TWIST TO IT. WINDOWS WONT LET YOU CREATE A FOLDER WITH A . IN FRONT OF THE FILE NAME BECAUSE WINDOWS WILL SEE IT AS A FILE EXTENSION. in my case i renamed my folder from the name shoebox to h.safebox. the h is in front so windows will leave you alone. once you rename it, go back to the "connect to pc" screen, select charge only.
9. now go back to whatever file manager you have on your phone (i use astro) and rename the folder, only to take the h off of the front of the file name (mine was h.safebox)
this will leave you with just the . in front of your folder (.safebox in my case)
now that youre done renaming the folder,when you head back to your gallery, the first thing it will do is say "preparing sd card". then it will remove the selection of your secret folders old name (my folders old name was shoebox). the new name (which is .safebox in my case) wont show because you have the . in front of it and none of the pics from the renamed folder will show either.
you'll probably notice that there is a shorter way to do this once you know what your doing.thats because hind sight is 20/20 LOL. but i figured id post the long "simple" way because its easier to understand than posting some short advanced explaination which assumes you already know what youre doing.
once you learn this technique, you'll see that all you need is two names to switch back and forth with every now and again to hide your goodies. and by now you should see that these phones arent all theyre cracked up to be smh