View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2013, 11:52 AM   #13 (permalink)
zc1
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprmallet View Post
I find this really intriguing. Have you found that using all this stuff affects performance at all?
No, the Note 2 doesn't seem to be affected at all. I experience no change in speed and my battery still lasts all day. That's why I think it's finally time, then, to start changing the way things are done.

I used Nova Launcher on my Note 1 as well, and it ran fine, gestures and all. What slowed it down was the widgets that I had spread out over my numerous homescreens. I didn't even try WaveLauncher or DialPad on that phone. I did try WaveLauncher on my Motorola Atrix, but wasn't blown away.

I posted in another forum that it's astonishing how well the Note 2 works: I can use the Note 2 as advertised, without having to worry about turning off/disabling features in order to save the battery or eliminate lag. This phone spends its days with motion enhancements, Bluetooth, LTE, WiFi and sync (email, etc) on all the time and still gets me easily through the day. It's astonishing. It shouldn't be astonishing, but modern phones have us trained to think that it's not reasonable to expect a full day of 'full' use.