Thread: Support Touch Screen Sensitivity
View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2013, 06:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Artine
AF Contributor

Device(s): LG Optimus Elite (Harmonia 2.03, Sleipnir 2.4.0.5), SG Victory 4G LTE (???)
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaranthine View Post
Does missing the mms.apk mean no MMS support? I'm welcome to give Sleipnir another try as long as it has the stock apps.
[...]
That would be very helpful! Not sure exactly what I would with it, but it wouldn't hurt to try and figure it out.
No, the Mms.apk is still in the build, it's just different than an earlier build which was unintentional. Some stock apps are missing, some are included, it's been completely debloated and that means that things like Gmail and Maps would have to be added in manually if you wanted it, but given a number of factors (including very frequent updates, and that not everyone uses these apps or has their own alternatives), some stock apps were removed. However, their once-upon-a-time-replacements have been changed back over to stock (with the exception of the Mms.apk in 2.3.7, for aforementioned reasons). The goal is pure stock, that shouldn't be outdated once an app that some people use and some do not use gets updated. So anything extra, aside from the apps mentioned in the OP (which are easily uninstallable), you would have to add manually. This is to prevent the most headaches. All in all, I would wait for v2.3.8, which may get released tonight.

As promised, the modified install-recovery.sh file is included in this post. The appropriate line for the installer is as follows:
Code:
set_perm(1000, 1000, 0755, "/system/etc/install-recovery.sh");
Attached Files
File Type: zip install-recovery.zip (237 Bytes, 0 views)
Last edited by Artine; January 2nd, 2013 at 06:27 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Artine For This Useful Post:
amaranthine (January 2nd, 2013)