View Single Post
Old January 3rd, 2013, 12:07 AM   #13 (permalink)
UBRocked
VZW Nexus Please!!!

Device(s): See my signature...this section isn't big enough anymore!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 1,633 Times in 894 Posts
ubrocked@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by patruns View Post
It has been implemented by Google... sorta. Google keeps track of your apps and gives you the option to restore them when you get a new phone. As far as the apps' data, the developers could include the data in the regular Android backup but it is up to the individual developers. If you want to blame someone, blame the developers that do not utilize this function.
Quote:
Originally Posted by val88 View Post
You can turn on your google backup (settings, backup & reset, check off "back up my data". I'm not sure exactly how long it takes for google's server to back up but it gets done eventually. Then when you get your new phone you use the same account and do google restore and it will put all the apps/apps related data onto your new phone.

I don't think it will back up user data though so you will probably have to do that manually.

Thats what I did when I had my phone repaired. I got the phone back with factory settings and I put my account back on and it gave me all my apps back to my last save point.
This is why Titanium Backup is my #1 favorite Android app. Some people claim to have issues restoring apps and data but after 3+ years of very frequent use...It's the best way to restore app data. Gotta have root and need to know how to use it properly, but it works.

As far as Google backing up app data vs the developers...Google now is an example of how this should work. Small files, frequently backed up by one source would be fantastic. I bet you will see this in future versions of Android.