View Single Post
Old January 3rd, 2013, 02:37 AM   #120 (permalink)
silvercue

Device(s): Nexus 7 (16GB)
Carrier: Not Provided

Send a message via MSN to silvercue Send a message via Skype™ to silvercue

To the OP - I hope you have managed to get the advice you need and good luck with your situation. I am a parent and genuinly wish you luck.

I feel compelled to respond to this thread. I am disgusted by some of the comments made. The OP was asking for advice on Apps. That is what this forum is for.

I asked a question about kid friendly Android pads, either here or on a nexus forum, as my toddler likes playing with mine and I don't want him to break it and was also offered a load of unwanted "parenting" advice, which I found pretty offensive, but this takes the biscuit.

I am new to Android and I am not sure whether the Android community responds like this becuase of it's diversity or what, but I have never, ever seen responses like this on a tech based forum and I have spend the last 15 years on them. I would go so far as banning people if I was a mod here.

If someone asks for App advice - provide it or read another thread. If I was on a cooking forum and I asked what a good set of knives are I would not expect a load of abuse based on the assumption that I could possibly want to carry one around as a weapon.

Stick to the subject.

Good mind to avoid foums like this in future as they seem to be inhabited by too many people that I don't like spouting their drivel from the safety of their anonimity.

Apologies to all the decent people here that provide help, I think you know the posters I am talking about though.
The Following User Says Thank You to silvercue For This Useful Post:
rtfelt (January 20th, 2013)