View Single Post
Old January 4th, 2013, 12:33 AM   #81 (permalink)
ww227

Device(s): alcatel/PCD/tct venture adr2045
Carrier: virgin mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsuke View Post
Well the point of changing the PRL alot of reasons but can sometimes be complicated to do ^^;

reasons why to change them:
*better data speeds
*Use all towers (depends on what prl you have) instead the ones limited to you, to that better signal (I think)

I would say that bad reason for it
but since virgin mobile has a unlimited plan data usage
then no need to worry but ill include then in case:
bad reasons:
*uses your data up faster (only for those that are limited to how many gb of data their aloud to have in their carrier)
*it is illegal to do this method in some carriers such as verzion

but nothing to worry about, it is legal to do it with virgin mobile
No, not illegal. Civilly, it might break your contract, but criminally no liability can attach, because you are not harming anyone, only [possibly] helping yourself. Example; if your car came with hankook tire, but you switched to fancy bridgestones, are you harming Ford? Well, if you are still making payments to Ford for the car, theoretically they could say put the Hankook tires back on or we are taking the car back [Verizon might say put the PRL we gave you back in, etc..]. Definitely not illegal.
There is a thing called ACCOLC [access overload class], options are 1-15, if you knew that changing yours [randomly assigned to your phone] to 15 would mean that you would still be talking during a disaster with the cops and firefighters [who are the only ones that are suppose to use ACCOLC15] while those around you just get error messages when trying to dial. Is that illegal? Mebbe, but there has yet to be a court case so, you might could justify yourself...
All those little numbers mean something, mostly only appreciated by real geeks, like me.