View Single Post
Old January 4th, 2013, 12:27 PM   #507 (permalink)
Ted Roo

Device(s): 2 x EVO V 4G
Carrier: Virgin

Surprised

I was going to install OS Monitor, but I chickened out when I saw the permissions:

Quote:
  • Network communicationfull network access
    Allows the app to create network sockets and use custom network protocols. The browser and other applications provide means to send data to the internet, so this permission is not required to send data to the internet.
  • Your personal informationread sensitive log data
    Allows the app to read from the system's various log files. This allows it to discover general information about what you are doing with the tablet, potentially including personal or private information. Allows the app to read from the system's various log files. This allows it to discover general information about what you are doing with the phone, potentially including personal or private information.
I'm interested in monitoring CPU mostly, and mostly out of curiosity.

Is there a way to block the internet access for one app?

I'm not saying the program is malware, but those permissions to my understanding would certainly allow it to be malware.

Android n00b and not used a firewall on a phone yet. Would that be a viable solution to my fear of this app and others, by not allowing network access for this app?

TIA!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eolwral.osmonitor&feature=related_a pps#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEwOSwiY29tLmVvbHdyYWwub3Ntb25 pdG9yIl0.

I just read droidwall can block by program, so I'm going to try that.
Last edited by Ted Roo; January 4th, 2013 at 01:06 PM. Reason: droidwall