View Single Post
Old January 4th, 2013, 05:53 PM   #60 (permalink)
nickdalzell
AF Contributor
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Nexus 10, Nexus 7, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Tab 3's
Carrier: Verizon

I have so far worked around the install limit by forcing apps to install to /system/app instead of /data/app where they normally go (have over 50mb free there but only 12mb left in /data) but that still doesn't allow me the last 12MB which I feel I have the right to use.

As for the ANR dialogs, there is an option in ICS/JB to disable or allow them for background processes instead of their default being foreground only, so the means does exist to disable or enable them for foreground I would assume, although no such option exists in Dev options. The ANR dialogs don't exist in GB (although force close does) and were previously in eclair. Why they added them back in the newer versions is beyond me. They are nothing short of annoying no unnecessary unless you like being told the obvious.

In my experience, I've had more apps crash on Android than Windows and iOS combined. And it's not like I wouldn't know, Android never shuts up about it!