View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2013, 05:41 AM   #63 (permalink)
chanchan05
The Doctor

Device(s): Note 3 LTE (N7105), Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (P6200), Samsung Galaxy SL (I9003), , Samsung Galaxy
Carrier: Globe Philippines

Thanked 2,513 Times in 2,079 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell View Post
In iOS I can bring up recent apps and force close them, and I only keep a couple open at a time, so this may help, plus I have never used 'legacy' iOS (iPhone OS as it was termed) so I cannot speak to that effect. But I don't even have that level of control over Android apps. Even using an auto start blocker I find apps running or restarting that shouldnt be running at all! Things like 'videos' or 'google play' when I am using neither. I cannot make them shut down and remain that way. Call me a control freak but I don't care how Android is designed, I feel that I have a right to control what opens and closes, and what stays running in the background, and I hate having the OS spawn apps that shouldn't be running for the pure heck of it! Searching for a way to disable Android's built in task management only gets the same response--'let android do it, don't worry about what's running' well I have problems more when I 'let Android do it' so I want to so it myself. I don't like the idea of turning over all control to any operating system. I don't want twenty apps running that I hardly ever use.

I am certain there is a fix to all my troubles, however it should be that way out of the box. I will find some way even if I must hack it myself.
1. iOS has certain system services running in the background as well, you don't see it. For example, Whatsapp or Viber is running in the background on iOS all the time for them to receive messages. On Android 4.0 and after, you have the same option of pulling up all recently opened apps and removing them from cache with one swipe.

2. Some of the apps aren't running, their cached to memory.

3. Why just not shift to iOS then?

Worried about your health? Take the True Health Assessment now! Click HERE
The Following User Says Thank You to chanchan05 For This Useful Post:
Crashdamage (January 5th, 2013)