View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2013, 08:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Renee1228
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note II HTC Evo 4G Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Asus E Pad Transformer
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwither View Post
I'm going to assume that your work uses Microsoft Exchange, and that they have configured it for outside access via mobile devices.

Try deleting the account, and adding it back. Make certain for the type of account to add, that you don't choose "Email", but "Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync".

All of the default settings for that server type should work. You might drill down in the settings and try with and without SSL, but they typically do use SSL.

If your work doesn't use Microsoft Exchange, you may need to add it as "Email" instead.
Thanks for the response. I've done all that. I have deleted and recreated the email account a dozen times. I even deleted all the email accounts and then only created the work one, thinking there was some weird conflict. I could understand if it couldn't connect to the server, but it is. I've done the with/without SSL.

This makes no sense. Thanks for trying to help though! Those were all good ideas.