View Single Post
Old January 6th, 2013, 08:11 AM   #57 (permalink)
scotty85
AF Addict

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 7,228 Times in 4,485 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyFox34 View Post
i seem to have a issue i found a rom that i thought that i'd use. downloaded it to my sdcard reader on my laptop. it's still there now. well i haven't even touched the phone for days. i wanted to be sure i found a rom, & check the sum in cmd. well i boot to h-boot then try to go into recovery right. i get a white triangle with a yellow exclamation point with droid dude now. i then remember i forgot to put sdcard in. still i wanted to ask you.will not having the sdcard in cause that? but the phone still works it boots into the normal verizon boot.
foxy,what youre seeing is the stock recovery,wich you cannot use to instal roms. it does not have anything to do with the sd card not being in place. the answer to this predicament was in the same post as the rom suggestion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty85 View Post
the ruu overwrote your custom recovery,wich is no big deal. since you have the s-off bootloader,you can easily install your recovery,just like you did with the htcdev hboot. you should still have it in your miniadb folder,so just place the phone in fastboot,open cmd,and flash recovery with this command:

fastboot flash recovery recoveryname.img

reboot the phone with fastboot reboot
youll simply need to reinstall your recovery as described above and then you can flash the rom you want to try
donate to my device fund