View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
gondormon
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Exclamation Android comet won't charge

I've had my android comet for about two years, so it isn't a new phone by any means. three months ago the usual charger i use broke and i bought a new one. i don't know if that's related to the problem, but i thought i'd throw it in. I started noticing that when i use my car charger, the phone wouldn't charge unless i pulled the chord around the back of the phone to create pressure between the port and micro usb prong (or whatever it's called). It never used to do this with my car charger. Then i started to notice that sometimes if i left my phone on the charger while i slept, i would wake to find the phone either dead or with no battery life at all, even if it was nearly fully charged when i went to sleep. It still showed the phone was charging, but the numbers were going the wrong way. It got so bad that about a month ago i took the phone to a repair shop and USB port on the phone replaced because it wouldn't even recognize that the wall charger was plugged in. Well, that fixed it, until a couple days ago where it is doing it all again.

I am pretty sure it's a problem with the phone rather than the charger i'm using, because my little brother has the same model and his phone charges just fine with my charger, and he still has his original charger and it doesn't charge my phone either. If it's not the USB port that isn't working, then what is it?