View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:00 PM   #28 (permalink)
jefboyardee

Device(s): Rootless Ascend 2
Carrier: Stray Talk

Quote:
it would be good if you could get some independent verification that they do what they say they do.
Their site, Pocket for Android:
Pocket is all about security. Many people still store their sensitive information under contacts, which can easily be seen if your phone falls into the wrong hands...ouch! When you use Pocket, your data is encrypted using the industry standard AES-256. Only you will be able to access your data via a master password. Even if you lose your phone your data will still be safe. For extra security, Pocket doesn't store your master password locally on the device, but rather as a SHA-512 hash. In addition, Pocket self-locks after a timeout period and clears the clipboard to ensure your data is protected.
And AES-256 is recognized...
The design and strength of all key lengths of the AES algorithm (i.e., 128, 192 and 256) are sufficient to protect classified information up to the SECRET level. TOP SECRET information will require use of either the 192 or 256 key lengths. The implementation of AES in products intended to protect national security systems and/or information must be reviewed and certified by NSA prior to their acquisition and use.
So personally, I have no idea how true encryption works, but like what I’m hearing. They also have a Windows companion which makes it a must-have, to me at least.
Last edited by jefboyardee; January 8th, 2013 at 08:06 PM.