Thread: Support Touch Screen Sensitivity
View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2013, 02:26 AM   #17 (permalink)
Artine
AF Contributor

Device(s): LG Optimus Elite (Harmonia 2.03, Sleipnir 2.4.0.5), SG Victory 4G LTE (???)
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaranthine View Post
What settings do you use to achieve that? (I've seen the JuiceDefender settings in the Sleipnir thread.) I guess it would also depend on what you do with the phone to get that sort of longevity. I will surf the web, stream audio, do some GPS mapping (not necessarily all at once, but will stream audio and surf at the same time occasionally) and I'll lose 15% in an hour. This is usually over 3G. I'll be on the phone for 2 hours and lose 20%.

The screen sensitivity in merely bearable, I'm just tremendously annoyed when I have to tap something twice (or three times) to get it to respond, which happens a few times daily. Like I've said in the past, sometimes it's lag on the CPU, sometimes it's just the screen not registering it, which is just odd.

I can live with it if I have to, and the general responsiveness (minus the touchscreen) is great. The phone just flies compared to the OV, and it's great not to micro-manage the app space. Those two are worth it alone (as long as you don't run into issues keeping the $25 plan).

I'm tempted to give another Elite a try to see if I get a better touchscreen, but I'm hesitant in case the swap to another Elite will screw up me keeping the $25 plan (which has happened to some people).
All of those things are very intensive on the battery, and that would be considered moderate to heavy use (gaming as well). As far as those sensitivity issues, even on my new replacement I haven't had those problems (or at least don't notice them if they're there) and it registers touches just fine for me. The problem also could be if you're using a screen protector of some kind, and I am not. And as far as battery life is concerned, the JuiceDefender configuration in Sleipnir, in addition to just the smartassV2 governor and DroidWall. That's about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Artine For This Useful Post:
amaranthine (January 9th, 2013)