View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2013, 01:08 PM   #35 (permalink)
FinancialWar
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Galaxy S II i9100, NeatRom Lite 4.4 Siyah v6.0b5 Galaxy S III arriving soon.
Carrier: Crazy John (Vodafone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdbryant3 View Post
Selling content is more about locking you into their ecosystem than it is about making money directly from the actual selling of the content. It is also about changing the thinking from storing your entire library on the device to storing it in the cloud. You don't need large on device storage mediums if you can simply stream or download whatever it is you are currently watching.

To expand upon my conspiracy theory though it is probably in the interest of the MPAA encourage limiting storage options. It basically has the effect of encouraging people to legitimate sources for content rather than trying to store it on the device.
if Google is trying to lock you into their ecosystem why are they selling movies and books at a price higher than actually physical media? $5.99 to rent a digital movie for 48 hours, come on that's a rip off.

I wonder how much Google is getting for every movie they sell. May that is the reason why they are so against SD cards.

If the next Samsung galaxy S have 1080P screen, support exFAT sd card and removable battery like it is now, haha Google will not get a cent from me for movies.
Last edited by FinancialWar; January 9th, 2013 at 01:13 PM.