View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2013, 02:00 PM   #34 (permalink)
ColtsWalker

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, Casio GzOne Commando, Pantech Breakout, Motorola A955, Motorola Droid Pro
Carrier: Not Provided

Has anyone noticed that a Chinese aftermarket screen replacement is around $16.00, and in contrast an official Verizon screen replacement by Casio is $218.00. The official part costs more than I paid for the phone. So, looking at the Chinese knockoff, I wonder if it will work as well, if the touch sensitivity is as precise. I suspect that the Chinese part is probably in patent violation. I've been using my Commando with several cracks all over the screen for a few months now. The phone functions fine. It is simply not easy looking through all the cracks and try to read any text. Possible, but unpleasant. For me the decision to try and replace the screen is somewhat difficult. I have a functional phone now, even though the screen is cracked all over. By ordering the Chinese aftermarket screen and trying to replace it, I risk the functionality of my phone if there is a mistake. I am considering buying a dead Casio Commando with another problem so I can harvest the screen of it, and have a genuine Casio screen as another option but still feel the repair process is somewhat intimidating. I am intimidated by the process and I used to build ham radio kits.