View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2013, 07:32 PM   #109 (permalink)
Mittens

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyz007 View Post
After reading around, this seems to be very common problem, so i think every SIII and NOTE II will eventually kill sd card. Weird is the fact that most cards are Sandisk 32GB+; mine is 1.5 months old and worked perfect untill few hours ago. Even more interesting is the fact that i havent seen one Samung sdcard complaint. Maybe that's just a coincidence as most normal cards sold are probably by sandisk.

Anyway i did full format, so it will be done soon and I will report if the problem reoccurs. Any other ideas I could try with sdcard to make it work?
My card was a Samsung card. 16 gb from my former phone (Samsung fascinate). The card isn't fried, but I kept getting the error that it needed to be formatted, or that it had been unmounted (when it hadn't been). On more than three occasions, every file on the card was wiped clean. Since the most recent incident, I've kept the card out of the phone. I'm using Dropbox, and I'm paranoid to even try putting the card (or any card) into the phone.

And no, the card was not handled a lot either. I removed it once from my original phone (to put into the new phone), and three times from the GS3.