You know, to think about it, I did not really have these issues with a 32bit version of windows 7 whilst my old desktop was running. Just getting the initial drivers installed.
Hmmm... I do have an idea. Its a complicated work around... I will need a VM to do so, or dual boot, or temp install windows 7 32bit to a external harddrive, boot from that, load the drivers and such, and don't activate windows 7.
I would be a bit skeptical trying this with a VM, however.
Its a long work around, but it may work. But I am not sure if I want to possibly brick my device should it not work. A factory reset worked once, I am not sure if it would do the trick again.
On my 32bit desktop, I had the PDAnet drivers installed. When I rooted the S3s I used the desktop, and had no issues. I also used the toolkit. I also know there is a toolkit for the Note II that has the AT&T version.
Most people run from storms, I run to them (back by popular request )