View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2013, 07:17 PM   #50 (permalink)
Speed Daemon
Disabled

Device(s):
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjr72 View Post
As to admiration I meant for those who are frugal with their money and not simply because of the amount of money they make.
What does that have to do with the topic? Are you saying that people who make in excess of $250,000/year shouldn't have to pay taxes because they're frugal? I've had to live on a lot less than $250,000 (a lot less than $25,000 in fact) and had no other option than to be frugal with my money. Why is that not admirable?

Quote:
I don't know who is advocating raising taxes only from the middle class or poor...
It's the Republican Party. If you don't know the names of any Republican legislators, you can find plenty at the gop.gov website, and many others. If you want the Cliffs Notes version, Mitch McConnell (R, KY), John Boehner (R, OH), Eric Cantor (R, VA) and Paul Ryan (R, WI) are the ringleaders in Congress.

Quote:
...but certainly over the long term rates across the board could be raised to what they were previous to the villainous [sic] Bush era tax cuts, right?
Ahh...the Bush tax give-away expired on January 1. It was a major news story here in the US.

Since you apparently missed the biggest news story of the year, I'm guessing that you're another non-American. Is that correct?

As you can see (because they list their location), there are others form outside the US who are commenting on what is literally not their business as non-Americans. I don't mind their input, but do think it's only fair for people to disclose whether or not the advice I'm reading is coming from someone with "skin in the game".

I'm a life-long US citizen, and have earned every cent in the US. What about you?