View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2013, 03:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Stuntman

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC Desire Z, Asus Eee Pad Transformer with Keyboard Dock, Nokia N97
Carrier: Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPammyJ View Post
However...I am MEGA bored with the iPhone 5. I love Apple but being a what I consider "tech savvy" girl, I like customization. My phone is everything...I keep my life in the phone, so I want to be able to make it look like I want.

So now I'm thinking of dumping my iPhone 5 for the Galaxy S3.

Thoughts?
Do you have an idea of what you want to do on your iPhone, but cannot?

You have a large contingent of Apple products. You do seem pretty entrenched into Apple's ecosystem of products and services. Moving to a non-Apple device will require a bit of work on your part such as finding apps that are the Android equivalent or substitute for your iOS apps. It is possible, but will take some effort. I'm not exactly sure what you would gain will be worth your effort. Making it look like what you want is a little vague.

One of the things that you can do with Android is change the launcher. There are a variety of launchers available with different features. For example, I use Nova Prime Launcher. I use it to remove the app dock at the bottom of my home screen and add extra rows of icons.

On all launchers, you will have a variety of widgets. These are objects on your home screen that allow you to access some info from apps without the need to open them. Some widgets also allow you to control certain system settings without more conveniently than having to go into the settings menus.

Android phones allow you to change your keyboard. There are a variety of keyboards to choose from. Many keyboards allow you to customise them to look different. I choose a red-coloured theme for my keyboard.

Android also allows you to change app defaults. For instance, if you prefer a different web browser than the default one on your phone, you can change it, so any time you tap on a url, it will launch the new default browser you choose.

Take some time to consider what you want and perhaps try out a few Android phones (there are many) at a store to see if you like it. Note that Android phones do behave a little differently than iPhones, so although there are similarities, there are some differences that will take some getting use to.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stuntman For This Useful Post:
ocnbrze (January 11th, 2013)