Thread: Accessory Best case for note 2?
View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2013, 09:10 PM   #388 (permalink)
twister6

Device(s): Fascinate, Droid X, Nexus 7, Note 2, S5
Carrier: V

Default Rugged Dual Layer Impact Kickstand Case review

I was really looking forward to this case. Got it today... and overall it's great, except for one HUGE flow which is a deal break for me and probably for a lot of other people Got this case from ebay ($4.95 shipped from US seller). The case itself is a knock off of Defender with its inner 2-piece PC case and outer rubber case. It adds a significant bulk, on par with Defender, and adds a high level of protection. Quality of material is very good, this is not cheap plastic/rubber. All the cutouts precise and aligned, and every port is covered, including s-pen (although s-pen is kind of hard to take out). Kickstand is a bit on a flimsy side and not as easy to lift up. But the deal breaker for me, and probably for majority of others - a very narrow opening inside of plastic inner case for micro-usb connector. Samsung OEM connector, which is very slim to begin with, can barely squeeze in. Using any other micro-usb connector - forget about it. I have a bunch of cables with slim micro-usb connectors, and none of them fit. I mean, you can always modify it (dremel tool to grind that opening down), but I'm personally just not too crazy about the bulk of the case in general. Also, don't like 2-piece interlocking inner case and feel those tabs won't last for too long after a few open/close excercise. Btw, there is no plastic screen protector like it is on Defender.

OK, now let's pictures do the talking.

And here is a problem: