View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2013, 06:38 AM   #39 (permalink)
!on

Device(s): LG G3
Carrier: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinancialWar View Post
Instead of Android phones influencing Iphones and WP, more and more Android phones now have irremovable battery and no expendable memory. Just take a look at the evolution of the nexus phones.

What if Samsung decide to follow this trend as well? In a few years time, all smartphones will have irremovable battery and no expendable memory, this is not something I look forward to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer_carrot View Post
Apple will probably sue the manufacturer of a next phone with irremovable battery.
I don't like the notion that because someone was first to do something (were they?) then they invented it. Anyone could have done it if they wanted to or could be bothered .

If all phones had non removable sim cards then this might be ideal, especially since returns (contract) would be dealt with swaps. But they're not. Not all phones are free on contract. I just bought a spare battery too.

I get their thinking. In-built memory & battery are generously specced. But they still have us down for replacing them after one or two years & buying another. They are still on Planet Mobile Phone when we have migrated to Planet Pocket Computing.

The sealed battery / memory thing is easy to deal with, just vote with your feat. Getting them to make hardware that lasts more than three or four years is another issue!